Bioscience Education Canada welcomes you!
Bioscience Education Canada (BEC) is a national non-profit charitable organization with a mandate to improve the quality of bioscience education in Canadian schools and encourage more young Canadians to pursue studies and careers of Canada’s growing bioeconomy. Our mission with our partners is to build a ‘made in Canada’ solution to the education of young people and to better inform the public about biotechnology.
If you would like to help us promote Bioscience Education in Canadian high schools please make your donation here.
NBEC Teacher Survey_________________________________________________________________________________
Bioscience Education Canada Newsletter Fall 2011
Volume 3 Issue 1
In this Issue:
- Sanofi Aventis BioTalent Challenge Changes Its name
- SBCC (Greater Toronto Area) April 17-19, 2012, competition location to be determined, award ceremony at MaRS.
- Bioscience Lectures and Workshops
- Green Mining Experience at McMaster
- Ontario Genomics Institute “Genomics Teaching Prize”
- Gowlings Biotech Essay Contest on “Canada’s Top Biotechnology Story of the Year”
- Bioscience Education Canada (BEC)
Special issue of the Canadian Young Scientist Journal devoted to the Sanofi Aventis BioTalent Challenge
Learn about the Ontario Science Centre Weston Youth Innovation Awards which is given annually by the Ontario Science Centre to encourage and recognize young Canadian innovators. ________________________________________________________________________
- Three Ways Life Sciences Consulting Improves Your Safety Record
When your business or practice is running clinical trials, quality assurance for patient safety is critical. Life sciences consulting experts are able to observe how your clinic runs its trials and make suggestions on how to improve processes and conditions in your facility. Consider these three ways in which the health sciences auditing process can help your clinical trial's safety record.
- How Does HAACP Certification Improve Customer Service?
If you run a restaurant, a grocery store or any other company that serves or sells food to customers, you and your workers should have a HACCP certification. Doing so may ensure better food quality as well as reduce liability issues for your business. What are some other reasons why key employees in your company should go though a food safety certificate program?
- What Is The Registered Education Savings Plan In North America?
One of the biggest costs for parents in North America such as Canada or USA is the cost of post-secondary education. Of course, if you are wealthy this will not be a concern, but for average parents it is a major source of worry. Obviously, there are some children who decide that they do not want to attend a college or university. One of the best adviser across Canada is CST Consultants Inc
- SABC 2011 Student Presentation Videos
Greater Toronto: Toronto student's supercomputer network to find cure for CF.
- Toronto-area Student, 16, Uses Supercomputer to Invent New Drug Cocktail to Fight Cystic Fibrosis, Wins Top Prize in National Science Challeng
Greater Toronto Area, Greater Montreal, Ottawa, Calgary, Winnipeg students win top national honours for high school biotechnology projects While many 16-year-olds are content with PlayStation, Toronto-area student Marshall Zhang used the Canadian SCINET supercomputing network to invent a new drug cocktail which could one day help treat cystic fibrosis. The Grade 11 student at Bayview […]