Bioscience Education Canada welcomes you!
Bioscience Education Canada (BEC) is a national non-profit charitable organization with a mandate to improve the quality of bioscience education in Canadian schools and encourage more young Canadians to pursue studies and careers of Canada’s growing bioeconomy. Our mission with our partners is to build a ‘made in Canada’ solution to the education of young people and to better inform the public about biotechnology.
If you would like to help us promote Bioscience Education in Canadian high schools please make your donation here.
NBEC Teacher Survey_________________________________________________________________________________
Bioscience Education Canada Newsletter Fall 2011
Volume 3 Issue 1
In this Issue:
- Sanofi Aventis BioTalent Challenge Changes Its name
- SBCC (Greater Toronto Area) April 17-19, 2012, competition location to be determined, award ceremony at MaRS.
- Bioscience Lectures and Workshops
- Green Mining Experience at McMaster
- Ontario Genomics Institute “Genomics Teaching Prize”
- Gowlings Biotech Essay Contest on “Canada’s Top Biotechnology Story of the Year”
- Bioscience Education Canada (BEC)
Special issue of the Canadian Young Scientist Journal devoted to the Sanofi Aventis BioTalent Challenge
- Hudson College
- Algonquin Careers Academy
- Canadian Scholarship Trust Plan
- Canadian Business College
- Heritage Education Funds
- Cells For Life | Cord Blood Bank
In the News:
Learn about the Ontario Science Centre “Weston Youth Innovation Award” which is given annually by the Ontario Science Centre to encourage and recognize young Canadian innovators. ________________________________________________________________________